Intro How it works
Wikiwasteschemes is a participative website that invites each user to submit additional information and/or to correct existing information.
Corrections submitted in this way will be verified by the Wikiwasteschemes team and published if they are confirmed.
Let’s look at an example
You noticed an information on the page about Belgium that seems incomplete to you, and you wish to suggest a revision to this page.
1. Go to the country page
Click on the red pencil icon (above right) to access the administration system.
2. Identify yourself
- Already user?
- New user?
No user name yet? Then register as a contributor by filling in all the fields to create your profile.
Your contact details will allow the Wikiwasteschemes team to contact you if needed.
3. Write a revision and save it
- Change an existing text?
- Select the text and the editing icon will appear.
- Then click on it to suggest an alternative.
To avoid misunderstandings, please select all the text to be changed.
- Insert an additional text?
- Place the cursor in front of the word.
- Click on the editing icon.
- Write your additional text.
In both cases, don't forget to save it!
The selected area will be highlighted in yellow.
Your revision can be viewed by mousing over this area.
Until all your revisions have been sent for approval, you can still change them by using the pencil icon or delete your contribution by using the “delete” cross.
Repeat the operation as many times as you like to change a part of the text.
4. Send it for approval
- Once your revision is ready, submit it by pressing the red button on the right.
- The Wikiwasteschemes team will examine your suggested text as quickly as possible.
Please note that the version visible online is always the latest approved version. A specific alert is only visible to the contributors concerned.
Until your revision is approved, it is no longer possible for you to suggest any new revisions.
5. How can I see my revisions and their status?
You can access your unapproved revision(s) at any time as follows :
- Via the warning on the page for which you have proposed a revision.
- Once connected, by clicking "Account" : the options for your profile will be visible. Here you can access your unapproved revisions but also the full history of those that have already been accepted.
If you still have questions, please contact us.